Peer Mediation And Skills Training (PMAST) is a registered charity, which works with young people to develop and practice conflict management, relationship management, and leadership skills using a research informed approach that focuses on Prevention, Intervention and Reconnection (PIR). PMAST operates in high schools and is sustained through the financial and volunteer contributions of key partnerships, supportive organizations and citizens.
Our work focuses on building strong youth and strong communities by teaching conflict management and dispute resolution skills to young people and staff in schools. Through relevant, research-based programming, we empower young people to address conflict peer-to-peer, creating safe places for youth to learn and grow.
The success of the program has resulted in increased inquiries and requests for service. This is a critical time and PMAST must be able to respond to these demands to ensure we are able to continue to provide programs supporting youth in our communities.
To do this we need your help.
PMAST is urgently seeking volunteers who have a passion for young people and believe that building conflict management skills in youth will empower change and create safer environments where youth live, learn and play.
PMAST currently has the following volunteer positions available:
Board of Directors:
We are seeking individuals able to actively participate in 10 – 12 board meetings per year, maintain active committee and event participation and possess some or all of the following skillsets/backgrounds:
- Effective at fundraising
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Financial and business acumen
- Experience in leadership, management or non-profit governance
- Ability to advocate for PMASTs mission, vision and goals
We are seeking individuals who are able to commit a few hours monthly to assist PMAST staff with experience/expertise in the following areas:
- Grant Writer: Providing advice and support for the grant writing activities of the organization
- IT and Website: Providing advice and support for website updates and maintenance
- Marketing & Communications: Providing advice and support on marketing and communications strategies and documents
- Others – open to receive
Fundraising and Event Volunteers:
We are seeking individuals and/or groups who are interested in helping PMAST raise funds for youth programs. Activities could include:
- Hosting a fundraiser on behalf of PMAST
- Selling raffle tickets
- Casino volunteers
Benefits of Volunteering with PMAST
- Volunteers will be invited to attend all PMAST training as an observer.
- Coach in training, for PMAST programs, if mediation training has been completed through any ADR institutions.
- Familiarity of PMAST programming may lead to future opportunities of being a Trainer with PMAST (Q. Med Required).
- A $50.00 discount on ADRIA’s annual membership fee is offered to all PMAST Volunteers.
- Share your expertise and also learn new skills
- Grow with like-minded people.
- A great opportunity to serve and support our young people today.
For more information or to apply for a volunteer position, please email your resume indicating which position(s) most interest you to: email@example.com